Vegan Corn Fritters, Fat-Free
This recipe for gluten-free vegan corn fritters, with the freshness of leeks, garlic greens, and coriander leaves, will leave your mouth watering for more. And best of all, they are fat free.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 24 fritters
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped leek greens (can substitute shallots or spring onions)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic greens (use 2 tsp of minced garlic if you don't have these)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup stone-ground corn meal
- 1/2 cup water (be prepared to add more or less)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet and spray evenly with a fat-free vegetable oil spray. Alternately, brush the surface lightly with a thin coating of oil.
Mix all the ingredients, adding the water slowly, until you have a batter that's fluid but firm enough that you can scoop it up with your fingertips and drop into a skillet.
Drop enough fritters into the pan so you have fritters that are thin, almost pancakey, because you want them to cook through. Cook on medium heat until the bottom turns a rich golden-brown.
Flip over and cook the other side until golden.
Serve hot with a chutney or ketchup.
Serving: 4fritters | Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.5g | Protein: 3g | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 2mg