Vegan Cashew Parmesan
A four-ingredient vegan Cashew Parmesan that tastes so good, you might have a hard time keeping yourself from scarfing it down by the spoonful. Sprinkle over pastas, on salads, or anywhere you'd add a dash of salty, cheesy parm. Vegan, gluten-free and soy-free recipe.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews or cashew pieces
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic powder (add less to begin with and add more if you like a greater kick to your parm)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (doesn't sound like it belongs in parm, I know, but it adds that extra something without screaming, I'm here!)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Frugal tip: You can sub half the cashews with a couple of slices of day-old bread. Run through the food processor with the other ingredients and season as needed with salt and pepper.
Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg