Easy Vegan Leek and Scallion Pizza
This vegan leek and scallion pizza has all the flavors of spring. It takes minutes to put together and its puff pastry crust makes it the kid-friendliest pizza ever.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 sheet puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm's puff pastry sheets, which are vegan)
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and then thinly sliced)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced in half-moons)
- 1 leek (halved lengthwise. Clean all grit hiding within the leaves and slice thinly)
- 6 scallions (spring onions, chopped into 1-inch lengths)
- 1 tbsp thyme (chopped roughly)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan parmesan
- cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- kalamata olives or black olives (sliced)
Heat ½ tbsp oil in a skillet. Add the onions along with garlic, salt, ground black pepper. Saute for a minute.
Add the leeks and scallions and continue to saute, stirring frequently, until the onion starts to caramelize and the veggies are soft, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in thyme.
Preheat the oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
Roll out the puff pastry a little to about 10 by 14 inches. Place on a baking sheet, then use the tines of a fork to make holes all over, leaving a 1-inch border all around the edges.
Spread the vegan parm and then the veggies over the crust, leaving the 1-inch border clear.
Bake 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden and crispy. Remove the pizza from the oven and scatter on one or more of the optional toppings.
Slice and serve.
- Nutrition info doesn't include optional toppings of capers, cherry tomatoes and olives.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg