Vegan Sausage Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Pizza for breakfast is always a winner, and this Vegan Sausage Breakfast Pizza is as perfect as it can get, with a flaky "buttermilk" biscuit crust topped with vegan sausage, spinach and cheese. Gluten-free option available.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 recipe vegan biscuits
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 14 oz vegan sausage (crumbled, use a food processor if you can't break up with your fingers)
- 2 cups baby spinach (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (use 1 tablespoon if using fresh)
- 1 teaspoon basil (1 tablespoon if using fresh)
- ½ cup vegan parmesan cheese (or use any vegan parm you like)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 7-8 oz vegan mozzarella shreds
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped, for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, saute for about 30 seconds, then add in the vegan sausage. Cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes. You don't want to dry it out too much, so don't go longer, just until it's thawed through. Stir in the spinach, herbs, add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Cook another minute or two until the spinach has wilted. Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan. Set aside while you roll out the crust.
Flour the surface and the rolling pin well and roll out the biscuit crunch to a rectangle about 16 inches long and 12 inches wide. Fold it twice, pick it up gently, and transfer to a baking sheet. Unfold it carefully. Use the tines of a fork to gently poke holes all over the surface of the dough.
Scatter the sausage stuffing all over the pizza evenly.
Scatter on the vegan mozzarella shreds.
Immediately transfer the pizza to the oven and bake on a rack in the lower third of the oven for 14 minutes. Check the pizza halfway through baking. If the crust is browning too fast, move it to a higher rack. It should be light golden and crispy when done.
Garnish the pizza with the parsley
Carefully slice the pizza while still hot and serve.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 796IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg