A four-ingredient garlicky Broccoli Stir-Fry that takes under 20 minutes and makes a delicious side for any entree. Vegan, soy-free, nut-free and gluten-free recipe.
Here's my go-to stir-fry to go with just about any meal, and it's both delicious and nutritious: my easy and garlicky Broccoli Stir Fry.
This is my favorite way to eat broccoli, not to mention my favorite way to make it (scratch to done in under 20 minutes? It's a no-brainer). And the best thing about this recipe is, it's a true crowd pleaser. Even Jay loves it -- it's the only way he'll eat broccoli without complaining.
- Broccoli florets and stems
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
It practically goes with any dish you can think of. I pair this stir fry with a dal, like this Spicy Urad Dal, and Jeera Rice for a quick, nutritious weeknight meal. I have also served it alongside tofu steaks, pasta, casseroles, and just about any entree you can imagine, and it always complements whatever it's accompanying beautifully.
- Use both the broccoli florets and stems. The stems of broccoli have tons of flavor, and are, in fact, my favorite part of this healthy cruciferous veggie. You do have to peel the stems because the outer layer is quite fibrous.
- Cut your broccoli in uniform pieces or florets. This is because the broccoli has to cook fairly fast, and you don't want one large floret to remain half-cooked and tough inside while the others turn to mush.
- Because this dish comes together quite fast, you shouldn't be leaving it on the stove and running around the house doing other chores. Stay with the broccoli and stir it frequently. That way you'll ensure the broccoli cooks evenly and gets some nice golden-brown spots that taste so great.
More yummy vegetable sides
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes
- Curried Carrot Salad
- Vegan Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Lemony Greek Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry
Broccoli Stir Fry
- Wok or large skillet
- Heat the oil. Add the garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the red pepper flakes and the broccoli.
- Add salt and stir-fry, stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli florets develop brown spots and are quite tender. You can cook the broccoli more or less based on your own preference, but it tastes best when it is tender but has a bit of a bite.
- Serve hot or warm.