These Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies come together in the food processor, take no more than 15 minutes to make, and they're naturally sweetened, which makes them a pretty sweet deal. A gluten-free, vegan and soy-free recipe.
These Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good, you'll probably want to eat the whole batch. And fact is, you won't feel all that guilty if you do, because they're not just amazingly good, they're actually good for you.
The great thing about baking gluten-free goodies is that you can mix them up in the food processor because you don't have to worry about gluten formation, a definite concern when you're dealing with all purpose or another kind of wheat flour. I love using the food processor also because it keeps cleanup to a minimum.
The cookies are naturally sweetened with Deglet Noor dates, but they are perfectly sweet and nobody will be able to tell you didn't actually dump sugar into these. The chocolate chips are semisweet and do contain sugar, but you could certainly use dark chocolate chips which will make a slightly less sweet but still delicious cookie.
I baked these to a crunchy texture, which also made them a little darker, but if you want softer, chewier cookies, you can get them out of the oven earlier. When Jay bit into one of these, he told me, Mom, these cookies are super-absolootely deeelicious! So yes, they are kid approved too.
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Deglet Noor Dates (soaked for 30 minutes, then drained)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil works too)
- ⅓ cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips (can use dark chocolate chips, but the cookies will be slightly less sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the drained dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until pureed. If you don't have a food processor, use a blender to puree the dates and then proceed with mixing the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the two flours, vanilla, oil and baking soda to the food processor and mix until the dough comes together.
- Remove the cookie dough to a bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and flatten them between your fingers before placing on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. If you want softer, chewier cookies, get them out of the oven after 8-10 minutes. For more crunchy, darker cookies, cook a couple of minutes longer.
More delicious vegan cookie recipes from the archives:
- Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies (grain-free, naturally sweetened)
- Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever