Delicious vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Waffles that are also whole wheat. The chocolate and raspberries add little pockets of sweetness.
These vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Waffles are the perfect start for the weekend. Whether you're planning to pull on your hiking boots, cart your kids to the soccer game, drive to the beach, or just waddle around the house in your fluffy pink slippers, these are guaranteed to put a spring in your step and a smile on your face.
What makes these waffles extra special is the fact that they are whole wheat. The vegan white chocolate chips add little pockets of melting sweetness, as do the raspberries-- my favorite berry and one reason I so look forward to spring and summer. The raspberry canes in my backyard are beginning to leaf already, and in a couple of months I will be picking up berries by the handful and gorging on them.
Waffles and pancakes are really popular eats around our house on the weekends. Both Desi and Jay love them, and will ask for them. I am a cook who refuses to make anything the same way twice, so I keep trying to find ways to freshen up beloved recipes. These waffles are a riff on my delicious Vegan Waffles, one of the first recipes I ever posted here at Holy Cow! Those waffles are delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup, but the raspberries and white chocolate take them to a new level of sublimity.
Serve these topped with more fresh fruit, and some maple syrup. You don't need a lot because the waffles already have some sweetness from the white chocolate. And then, get ready for the best weekend ever.
Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Waffles, Whole Wheat
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- ½ cup fresh raspberries slightly crushed
- 1 ½ cups nondairy milk like almond milk or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon flaxmeal (mixed with 6 tablespoon water)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, chocolate chips and salt and whisk.
- In another bowl, mix the nondairy milk, vinegar, flax eggs, raspberries and applesauce and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Spray the waffle plates with a nonstick spray. Place ½ cup of the batter in the center of the waffle-maker. Close and cook until the green indicator light goes on.
- Serve hot with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
Those vegan White Chocolate Chips ship in packs of four. If you are thinking of ways to use up the surplus, try these Vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies or these Vegan Banana Cookies with Chocolate Chips.
And there are a ton of vegan pancakes, waffles and other breakfast ideas in the vegan breakfast recipes.