An easy pepper mushroom stir-fry that takes minutes to make and can liven up any dinner.
This easy pepper mushroom stir fry makes the perfect side for any dish, and it couldn't be easier.
It is really healthy as well, and the mushroom and pepper combination is amazing.
I sprinkled on the veggies some Adobo seasoning which I usually have on hand and which I sometimes use instead of regular salt. \
This Mexican seasoning contains salt, pepper, lemon, garlic and some herbs, among other things. I like it because not only does it add a lot of flavor to any dish, but teaspoon for teaspoon it contains less sodium than regular salt.
If you can't find it, or don't want to use it, feel free to use regular salt and, maybe, some spicy dried herbs like thyme or rosemary or oregano
Here goes the recipe. Enjoy!
More vegan curry recipes to try:
- Tofu Makhani
- Mushroom Curry
- Mushroom Lima Bean Stew, Indian Style
- Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 15-minute Stir-Fried Mushrooms
Easy Mushroom Pepper Stir-Fry Recipe
Easy Pepper-Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 2 bell peppers (I am partial to green but this time I used red and orange because I had them on hand), thinly sliced and, if long, cut across once. You want slices around 2 inches in length.
- 1 medium onion , halved and cut into fairly thin slices
- 8 oz mushrooms (button or cremini are fine), halved or quartered if large
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup coriander leaves (chopped)
- Heat the oil, preferably in a cast-iron or non-stick skillet.
- Add the onions, stir-fry for a minute, then add the remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and adobo seasoning.
- Stir-fry the veggies until the peppers get fairly tender but still have a strong bite. I like to let the veggies char a bit because it adds great flavor.
- Season with pepper and check if more salt is needed.
- Top with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- These would be great either as a side dish or served inside a wrap with felafel or baked tofu.