This Mushroom Spinach Curry goes from stovetop to table in less than 15 minutes. The creamy coconut sauce flavored with a few simple sauces is out of the world. All you need with it is some rice. Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free recipe.
I enjoy sharing all my recipes with you, but the ones that make me proudest are those quick weeknight dishes that take minutes to throw together, but taste incredible.This spinach-mushroom curry is such a recipe. It takes a minimum of ingredients, is super-nutritious, and tastes great with either rice or chapatis or even any storebought bread.Since it is a weeknight, I’ll stay off the rambling. Enjoy the Mushroom Spinach Curry, everyone!
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms (can use crimini)
- 1/2 16- oz package of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed (thaw in microwave if pressed for time). If using fresh spinach, use about 4 cups chopped.
- 1 tbsp sambar powder See link in Recipe Notes for a recipe for Sambar Powder. You can also buy this at an Indian grocery or online.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions and saute on medium heat until brown spots appear.
- Add the sambar powder and stir in.
- Add the mushrooms, stir until they start to soften.
- Add the spinach and stir until well mixed.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook until the vegetables are tender, a few minutes.
- Add salt to taste and coconut milk.
- Stir thoroughly and take off the heat.
For another great mushroom curry recipe, try this family favorite: My Dad’s Not Mutton Mushroom Curry.
(C) All recipes and photographs copyright of Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes.