A delicious and even healthy vegan Banana Walnut Bundt Cake made with no added oil and with whole wheat pastry flour. The fruit and nuts amp up the nutrition.
This vegan banana walnut cake is actually good for you!
This cake is whole wheat-- it's made with whole-wheat pastry flour and wheat germ. Even better, there is no added fat in here. The moisture comes from those amazing bananas which are one of the healthiest fruits you can possibly eat, and from some almond milk.
The bananas also contribute a lot of the sweetness, and I used some maple syrup because I love it and because it adds even more flavor to an already delicious cake.
If you have a huge sweet tooth, and you've tried my other banana cakes before, like my Vegan Banana Bread and my Vegan Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting, be warned that this cake is not as sweet as those are. But it is definitely healthier, and perfect for anyone looking for some sinful indulgence without feeling guilty as sin afterward.
More Vegan Cake Recipes
- Vegan Orange Cake with Orange Marmalade Buttercream
- Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake with a Lemon Glaze
- Vegan Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Gluten-Free Berry Almond Flour Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake
Healthy Banana-Walnut Bundt Cake
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 6 very ripe bananas , mashed
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts , toasted lightly, then chopped
- Mix the flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another, larger bowl, whisk together the sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
- Add the flour in three batches, stirring in the flour thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour into a bundt pan sprayed with oil (I just bought a
- silicone bundt pan
- which requires little to no oil, and the cake pops out beautifully without sticking). This is a thick batter, so smooth down the top before putting into the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the cake's center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly, unmold, dust with some confectioner's sugar if you like, then slice. Serve with some vegan whipped cream for some extra oomph, or just plain-- it's delicious either way.