My new favorite, this Vegan Gluten-Free White Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is naturally sweetened and free of added fats. And it’s nuttily delicious with almond flour and bits of cashews. Want more? It comes together in one bowl, or in the food processor, in five minutes flat. Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and soy-free recipe.
In the last five days, I’ve made this cookie four times. Twice for my own family, which polished it off in minutes before I could even get a photo. Once for a friend who had invited us to dinner. And this time, for you.
I barely managed to get the photos checked off the list before I could devour it. For you, of course ;).
There’s something about this Vegan Gluten-Free White Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie. It’s delicious, which goes without saying, but it’s also nutty and fragrant and it has that addictive flavor of white chocolate. And the texture is rather perfect too. Crispy on the outside and gooey and soft on the inside.
Plus, which baker can resist a cookie that takes just five minutes to put together? In a food processor (or a single bowl) no less.
Jay, who had been begging me to bake a skillet cookie this holiday season (he is a huge fan of my Banana Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie), has proclaimed this to be his new favorite cookie. I couldn’t agree more.
Vegan Gluten-Free White Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or turbinado or vegan cane sugar
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (Make sure your white chocolate chips are vegan. Brands available in stores usually aren't. I order mine online. You can also use regular vegan chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the almond flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda and baking powder in the food processor and pulse a couple of times to mix.
- Add the sugar or maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla and pulse 4-5 times until everything comes together. Add the cashews and the chocolate chips and pulse a couple more times to mix. If you are mixing in a bowl, toss the ingredients as indicated into the bowl and mix with a spatula.
- Spray an eight-inch cast-iron skillet lightly with cooking spray. Place all of the cookie dough in the skillet and, using your fingers, pat it evenly into the skillet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set in the center. If you want a softer cookie, remove the cookie from the oven a couple of minutes earlier.
- Cool the cookie thoroughly on a rack while still in the skillet, then cut into pieces using a knife.
More gluten-free vegan cookies: