Got cucumbers? Juice them up and enjoy a refreshing and hydrating summer cucumber juice drink you will be making again and again! This juice is spicy, salty and tangy all at once, and it takes just minutes to pull together.
This summer drink is not just delicious, it is amazingly healthy, detoxing, and very, very refreshing. Cucumbers have tons of benefits for your health: they are hydrating, packed with good-for-you nutrients and they help soothe and heal your digestive system. And, of course, they're so tasty! The salt rim on the glass, made with chaat masala and a hint of chilli pepper, adds a unique Indian-summer flavor to this green juice. And it couldn't be easier to make--just blend up the ingredients, strain and drink, no juicer needed. Try it today!
Why you will love this cucumber juice recipe
- This fresh cucumber juice drink is so refreshing and a great way to enjoy this healthful vegetable when it's at its peak.
- It's packed with nutrients. Cucumbers have many health benefits because they contain important vitamins like A, C and K, and antioxidants that help repair your body and health.
- It's so easy to make. Just toss the ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend, and strain. No juicers or special equipment needed. (You can juice the cucumber if you'd rather, using a juicer.)
- Dipping the rim of the glass in a salt, chili pepper and chaat masala mixture adds so much more interest and flavor. And gives your cucumber juice a bit more oomph.
- 3 medium cucumbers. Use any cucumbers, including seeded cucumbers or seedless cucumbers.
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves.
- Juice of ½ lemon, or an equal quantity of lime juice.
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or paprika
- Salt to taste
How to make cucumber juice
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a blender with mint, lemon and a pinch of salt.
- Blend into a smooth liquid.
- Strain through a cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve or strainer. You can just drink as is, without straining, if you don't mind the pulp.
- Mix the chaat masala and cayenne or paprika in a dish with ¼ teaspoon salt. Wet the rim of a glass by dipping it into a shallow dish with water, then dip it into the chaat masala-salt mix so it adheres to the rim.
- Pour the cucumber juice into the glass and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
Yes!! Cukes are packed with vitamins and nutrients and they are very, very good for your digestive system. The spices and herbs in this green juice further enhance those benefits. Cucumbers, with their refreshing, cooling properties, are especially beneficial when it's hot outside.
Absolutely. The skins of cucumber are edible and they contain vitamin A and fiber. If the cucumbers you use have tough skins just be sure to strain the juice.
English cucumbers, which are seedless, are often recommended for juicing. They do produce a lighter flavor, but I find that the garden variety seeded cruncher cucumbers work just as well and are fine to use.
Cucumber juice is very low in calories. Cucumber also helps soothe the digestive system and keeps you hydrated, which will help reduce snack cravings. Drink this juice first thing in the morning or whenever a snack craving strikes.
Cucumbers are very hydrating, and eating them regularly will help keep your skin hydrated. Cucumbers can also be applied topically to help soothe and heal the skin.
Ideally drink cucumber juice as soon as you make it, when it's freshest and tastes the best. If you absolutely have to make it beforehand store in the refrigerator right after making it and give it a stir before serving.
- Blender (or juicer)
- 3 medium cucumbers (any veriety, including English cucumbers, will work)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves (fresh)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Place the cucumbers, mint, lemon juice and salt, if using, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can drink as is or strain through a fine mesh filter or cheesecloth before drinking.
- To make the salted rim, place the chaat masala, cayenne or paprika and salt in a shallow dish. Dip the rims of the glasses in a shallow dish with water, then immediately dunk the rims in the dish with the chaat masala mixture so it adheres.
- Add ice to the glasses and pour the cucumber juice over it.
- Straining the cucumber juice, or using a juicer, will reduce the amount of dietary fiber in the juice.
- Ideally drink cucumber juice as soon as you make it, when it's freshest and tastes the best. If you absolutely have to make it beforehand store in the refrigerator right after making it and give it a stir before serving. Store no more than a few hours.