A super simple and super delicious vegan Watermelon Smoothie that needs just three ingredients, has no added sweeteners, and comes together in five minutes. You’ll be making it over and over.
A summer drink I make over and over each year — mostly because I get so many requests for it, and it takes no time at all — is my ultra-simple Vegan Watermelon Smoothie.
I’ve mentioned this drink in the past but never really thought of sharing it because it’s hardly a recipe. But some of you asked for it, so here it is.
The three ingredients you need to make this smoothie are:
- Nondairy milk
- Pure vanilla extract
That’s it, nothing more. There’s no need for sugar (you could throw in a banana if you want to, but it’s not needed). Or if your watermelon is not sweet enough, or if you have a huge sweet tooth, you could add in a tablespoon of maple syrup.
The vanilla really rounds out the flavors here and I love it. But if you don’t want to use it, you could leave it out too.
The resulting drink is:
- Sweet but not annoyingly so
- Pretty — look at that pink color, who can resist it?
- Refreshing. So much so, in fact, it’ll make you love summers even more.
What’s the best nondairy milk for this smoothie?
My preference here, hands down, is vanilla soymilk. It makes the smoothie really creamy and gives the best results. That said, almond milk, cashew milk or even coconut milk are all fine substitutions.
Jay and Desi love this smoothie with dollops of vegan vanilla ice cream, but I love mine just plain. It’s yummy either way. Take five minutes to make it today for your loved ones, and if you enjoy it, be sure to let me know!
Looking for more refreshing vegan summer drinks?
Vegan Watermelon Smoothie
- 5 cups watermelon (cubes, red part only)
- 1 cup nondairy vanilla milk (I prefer soymilk here but any other creamy nondairy milk is fine)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until very, very smooth.
- Serve plain or with a dollop of vegan vanilla ice cream.