These five-ingredient vegan Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies are perfectly sweetened with dates. They are crispy around the edges, chewy in the middle, and they go from scratch to done in 20 minutes flat. Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free recipe.
I know this is my second consecutive almond flour recipe, but what can I say? I love the stuff. And these absolutely gorgeous and gluten-free vegan Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies have made me love it even more.
I am not kidding -- not in the least -- when I say these are ready in 20 minutes. All you need are five ingredients. And better still, they come together in the food processor, so all you really need to do to make your cookie dough is bung everything into the bowl of the processor and press a button. It's minimal cleanup, minimal time and maximum deliciousness.
Because these cookies are sweetened with dates, they are also incredibly healthful. It's the kind of snack I love giving Jay because I know it's actually good for him, and the kind of snack he loves to eat because it's "really yummy, mom!"
It's a no-brainer, really. What are you waiting for?
Try these cookie recipes next:
Vegan Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies recipe:
Vegan Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies, naturally sweetened and gluten-free
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup deglet noor dates, about 12. Soak in water for 30 minutes and drain. (if you use Medjool dates, you might want to scale down to half the amount because they are sweeter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cardamon powder (from green cardamoms), optional but nice
- A pinch of sea salt or pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I start the oven before I begin making the cookies, because of how quickly they come together.
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor and puree until you have very small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Arrange the dough balls on a baking sheet, about an inch apart. Then, using the tines of a fork, press down on each ball once and then once again at a right angle, to make a crosshatch design.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 13-14 minutes or until they turn lightly golden on the sides and the top. Remove, and let the cookies cool on the sheet.