These vegan Coconut Almond Macaroons are sure to become your next favorite cookie. They are sweet and coconutty and the almonds add more flavor and deliciousness. They are also gluten-free, and soy-free.
I went through a couple of trials with these vegan Coconut Almond Macaroons before I came up with the perfect recipe. And boy, is it good. So good, in fact, that within minutes of making them, they had vanished into thin air!
And as good as they are, they hardly take any time or effort to make. There are just seven ingredients in here: aquafaba, almond flour, coconut flakes, cornstarch, vanilla extract, almond extract, and sugar. That’s the whole list. And if you want macaroons with a kick, you can sub the almond extract with some amaretto. Why not?
It takes just about five minutes to put the ingredients together, five more to scoop the macaroons onto your cookie sheet, and 20 minutes in the oven. So all in all, within 30 minutes flat you have these amazing, delicious cookies that you will simply want to make over and over again.
I also love how low in calories they are. For one, there is no added fat in here (there never is, in macaroons, so it’s not a special, vegan, health thing), and the coconut and almonds actually add some good fiber and protein into the mix.
Bake up a batch in your Fall kitchen, and come back and tell me if you loved them. I think you will.
Vegan Coconut Almond Macaroons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the aquafaba, sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, and whisk at high speed for two minutes until the mixture is all frothy. You don't have to beat the aquafaba to stiff peaks.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add the almond flour, coconut flakes, and the cornstarch to the bowl. Using a spatula, mix everything evenly.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a one-inch cookie scoop to scoop out the macaroons and space them about 1-inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the macaroons for 20 minutes. Remove and let them cool on the cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer the macaroons to a rack to cool thoroughly.
Eat more vegan cookies: