I enjoy sharing all my recipes with you, but the ones that make me proudest are those quick weeknight dishes that take minutes to throw together, but taste incredible.This spinach-mushroom curry is such a recipe. It takes a minimum of ingredients, is super-nutritious, and tastes great with either rice or chapatis or even any storebought bread.Since it is a weeknight, I’ll stay off the rambling. Enjoy, everyone, and a happy Tamil new year to all!
Easy Mushroom-Spinach Curry
Author: Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
Recipe type: Side
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms (can use crimini)
- ½ 16-oz package of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed (thaw in microwave if pressed for time). If using fresh spinach, use about 4 cups chopped.
- 1 tbsp sambar powder (I will post a recipe for this soon, but for now I am using some my sis-in-law made for me. You can use store-bought curry powder here too)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions and saute on medium heat until brown spots appear.
- Add the sambar powder and stir in.
- Add the mushrooms, stir until they start to soften.
- Add the spinach and stir until well mixed.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook until the vegetables are tender, a few minutes.
- Add salt to taste and coconut milk.
- Stir thoroughly and take off the heat.
For another great mushroom curry recipe, try this family favorite: My Dad’s Not Mutton Mushroom Curry.
(C) All recipes and photographs copyright of Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes.