This vegan banana cake is one of the easiest I’ve baked, and let me tell you, it’s a keeper recipe.
Vegan Banana Cake
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together the oil and sugar with a handheld mixer for about two minutes.
- Add the soymilk mixture and beat until just mixed.
- Add the mashed bananas and beat in. Make sure there are no big lumps remaining.
- Add the flour to the banana-soymilk-oil mixture in 2 batches, beating in after each addition until the mixture is smooth. Do not overbeat, though.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment or wax paper. Oil the paper.
- Pour in the batter and bake 25-30 minutes in a 350-degree oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a rack to cool.
- After about 10 minutes, lift out the cake by the parchment paper and place it on the rack to cool thoroughly.
- Dust the confectioners' sugar over the cake. Cut into squares and devour!