If it seems like I've gone AWOL these past few days, it's only because I just started a new job and I've been really busy. But there's no way I would ignore you for any length of time, so here I am with yet another delicious recipe that's totally vegan and totally right for this time of year-- my Mashed Orange Sweet Potatoes.
The orange in the name refers not to the color but the fruit (although these are so prettily orange). The combination of orange and sweet potatoes is worth dying for, believe me, and it does away completely with any need for cream or creamers or any of those fattening things that usually go into making this recipe. I do add some vegan "butter" or margarine to give the potatoes a smoother texture.
Sweet potatoes are among the healthiest foods out there, and they are a great trade-off for potato lovers like myself because they pack much more nutrition and vitamins while delivering some of the same satisfaction one gets from eating those divine spuds.
I did say I was busy so much as I want to chat, I'm going to run now. I'll be back soon with a very special recipe-- adults-only cupcakes. And no, I'm not taking food porn to the next level so don't get too happy.:)
Mashed Orange Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Mashed Orange Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes in a preheated 400-degree oven or until a knife or fork pierced through the center goes cleanly and smoothly through.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash until they are quite smooth.
- Add the orange juice and butter and mix well together. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.