These melt-in-the-mouth vegan chocolate cookies are infused with the warmth of cinnamon and vanilla. They are perfect treats to eat and share for the holidays or anytime. Nut-free and soy-free.This Chocolate Cookie with Cinnamon is just the perfect treat to eat and share for the holidays. Although as good as it is, you might find the sharing part a little harder than you imagined.
I was looking through the many cookie recipes I’ve shared with you on this blog over the years and I realized that I haven’t shared too many chocolate cookies, except this one and some brownie recipes. And that is really weird because I absolutely adore chocolate cookies and could eat them every hour every day.
So here, to atone and then some more, are these very chocolaty Chocolate Cookies. They simply melt in your mouth when you bite into them. I couldn’t stop eating the dough because it was so delicious, and I am sure I’d have gotten a couple more cookies out of the recipe if only I could have stopped myself. I am going to make another batch of these to gift to friends for the holidays and I can just tell they are going to love me for it!
Here’s the recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 th tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler --in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water -- until it's melted and smooth.
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar, salt, and vegetable oil for a minute with a hand mixer or whisk. You can also do this in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, coffee and melted chocolate and beat together.
- Now add the floor and mix into the chocolate-sugar mixture using a spatula. You don't want to beat with a whisk at this stage because you don't want to build the gluten in the flour.
- When the dough is well-mixed, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a tight lid and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a 1/2-inch ball of the cookie dough and flatten it in your palms to make a disc. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Be sure to give at least an inch of space between the cookies.
- Bake for 14 minutes, turning the cookie sheet once halfway during baking.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a rack. Let the cookies cool thoroughly and firm up before removing them from the sheet.
More delicious cookies: