For those times when nothing but the healthiest and tastiest food will do, here's my Greek Goddess Glow Bowl with Tempeh "Feta." Quinoa, a rainbow of veggies, and tangy tempeh "feta" is drizzled with a creamy Greek dressing of tahini and yogurt. A vegan, gluten-free recipe.
Here's one of my favorite meals of all time, and one I make quickly when I want to eat something that's healthy, clean and yet hearty, and that comes together in a jiffy. My Greek Goddess Glow Bowl.
For this bowl, I tie together quinoa and brilliantly colored veggies with a healthy tempeh "feta" flavored with garlic, oregano, and apple cider vinegar, and a creamy dressing made of cashews and tahini and more Greek flavors.
What I love about this rather simple and easy but also extremely flavorful bowl is that I can throw it together with things I almost always have around. Cucumbers, olives, cherry tomatoes, avocados, tempeh and cashews. You could mix it up a bit with other veggies of your choice. Or throw in cubes of baked tofu. There are no wrongs here.
The dressing and the feta take no more than five minutes to blitz up, and you can store them in the refrigerator for about a week, so feel free to make them ahead and keep them on hand for those times when you have a craving for something that'll make you feel great inside out.
On to the recipe for this Greek Goddess Glow Bowl!
Greek Goddess Glow Bowl with Tempeh "Feta"
For the creamy Greek dressing:
For the tempeh "feta":
For the veggie toppings:
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 8 baby cucumbers, or 2 large, sliced
- 20 kalamata olives
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
Make the creamy dressing:
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blitz until very smooth. If the dressing is too thick, thin it out with some water.
Make the tempeh "feta":
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, or crumble the tempeh into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. If using a food processor, pulse three to four times until the ingredients are mixed. If using a bowl, mix the crumbled tempeh well with the flavoring ingredients.
Assemble the glow bowl:
- Layer the quinoa and veggies in a bowl, top with the feta and drizzle the dressing over the quinoa and veggies.
- Click here for cultured cashew yogurt recipe.
More Vegan Bowls: