This dish uses just a few simple spices and the beet greens impart it just a slight, pink hue that, I think, looks wonderful. It goes great with rice or chapatis, so take your pick. Enjoy!
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mustard and when it sputters, add the onions and saute for a few minutes until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute another minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the tomatoes and beet greens. Cook until the beet greens have wilted and the tomatoes are breaking down.
- Add the cooked mung dal and stir together, adding some water if the curry is too thick. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot!